Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Hat a Day






I've just completed and photographed a batch of hats, and will be posting them to the blog and to etsy in between working on the next batch. I'll be posting one or a couple per day, here's the first!

This burgundy red fur felt Whoville cocktail hat has matching vintage veiling and feathers. I recently bought a large amount of veiling from a defunct millinery factory in Oakland, and am having a great time thinking of ways to use it up- this is my first experiment with draping it turban-style. The feathers have a lot of movement, but the hat is surprisingly light and easy to wear- I think I'll have to make one like this for myself!

I'm a little bit worried that the Dr. Seuss estate might come down on me for using Whoville as a name (I hear they're pretty protective of their intellectual property), so I'm hunting for a new name for this hat, but I'm rather stumped as to what else to call this funny little block. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment