Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kettle Curl Cowboy

I'm ramping up to start making men's hats, I hope to bring a line of them out in the fall, but one needs a lot more equipment to make them than is needed for women's millinery. It's a good thing I'm a gear hound! Can't get enough tools. In reality, that may be part of the attraction for me...

There are all these great, fussy tools to make different kinds of brim curls and rolls, and names for each of the shapes you can make, but there's not much information out there about what they're supposed to look like, exactly. I just did an image search for the term 'kettle roll', a brim edge treatment, to see if I could get a picture of it. This awesome photo came up.

1 comment:

  1. So what are the pros and cons of the "kettle roll" or "kettle curl" ?

    (joe)

    ReplyDelete