Monday, June 25, 2012

Why We Need Another Hat Store in SF : Vote to Help

Hats have been gaining in popularity in fashion over the last few years and hat sales are just getting better and better. But the number of hat stores in San Francisco that sell work from high end local designers is dwindling. People really do need and want hats and more places to buy them, and San Francisco can easily support another store to replace those that are closing.

Will you please help me open my own hat shop by voting for me in this grant competition? It's easy, fast & free.

Chase and Living Social have teamed up to provide grants of $250,000 each to 12 small businesses. That's right, these are grants, not loans.  There are over 40,000 entries in the contest, so the more votes I can get, the better. The deadline is coming up fast, though, so if you haven't voted yet I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP.

Here's a summary of why I need the money and what I would do with it.

- Hire more staff to help promote and produce my products. Jobs!
- Open my own store in SF and build a better business website for the convenience of my customers.
- Expand my market by gaining wholesale accounts and making trips for trunk shows and personal consultations all over the place. That's right, I'll be coming to *you*, non-SF customers.
- Continuing to source tools and materials from other small businesses. More jobs!
- Expand my offering of styles. I need more tools and equipment to do this. How about that foxy full size top hat you've always wanted? More fedoras? They're on the list.
- Make and sell more hats so I can achieve long-term stability. Want to see House of Nines go the distance? You can help me get there.
-  Build a website all about custom clothing to explain the process and promote craftspeople working in the industry. You like custom stuff, let's expand the market.

Want to help me do this? Have a Facebook account? It's free, fast and easy.
1) Just click on this link
2) Scroll down, and clock on the 'LOG IN & SUPPORT BUTTON.' Log in as instructed.
3) Scroll down, and in the field marked "business name," type "House of Nines Design". Click the "SEARCH" button.
4) On the next page, to the right of the entry shown for House of Nines, click the "VOTE" button.

That's it.

If you decide to support me, I would really appreciate it!

My friends at Dark Garden Corsetry have entered as well, and would also really appreciate your support. You can vote for both of us, so please do! Just follow the same instructions as given above to vote for them, substituting 'Dark Garden Corsetry' in the "business name" field in step 3.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment