Saturday, October 12, 2013

Welcome 'Endora'

And last (but certainly not least) for this batch of our Fall / Winter 2014 collection comes 'Endora', a very special new mini style.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I found the crown block used to shape this hat for sale earlier this summer (for more on hat blocks and how they work, see this previous post). Over the years, I've seen lots of images of 1930s and 1940s hats made in a similar shape, when Elsa Schiaparelli's tiny top hats and other 'doll' hats were all the rage, and a handful of the actual vintage hats here and there, but the original hat blocks for those styles are very rare. So whenever I come across one, I snatch it up. And this one is so witchy, I couldn't resist!



Made with deliciously soft fur felt from our luxury felt supplier in a gorgeous deep navy blue, the 'Endora' is trimmed with a top-stitched matching felt band and chartreuse vintage silk veiling draped around the base of the hat. Three hand-cut ostrich feather pompoms complete the composition, one each in apple green, gold, and burgundy.



While it has a high-peaked crown, the headsize of the 'Endora' is only 19.5", so any size can wear it as a mini. Paired with a slightly domed round picture brim that beautifully frames the face.



One of the things I like best about this hat is how the brim looks different from every angle, so I've included lots of photos.



Available now in our Etsy shop. This is the only color combination for the 'Endora' in our catalog for this season, but the materials are available in other colors. If you might be interested in this shape in other colors or with different trim, just let us know, we're always happy to discuss custom orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment